Monday, April 13, 2015

Hell's Kitchen Radio #216: Grab Bag

Take a chance on the stream, HERE!
Experiment with this download , HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes


Sometimes it's just fun to go through my library at home and blindly pull some music. That's what tonight was all about. I did play a few requests, and the obligatory amazing Grateful Dead track to celebrate their 50th anniversary.

Full disclosure: I signed on for tickets to the Bay Area shows. Let's see how this pans out. I promised, at the beginning of the year, to write about my history listening to and seeing the Dead live. I'll get on that soon. There are some great stories in there.

This Saturday night I'll be spinning at St. Mary's Pub, 3845 Mission Street, in College Park (that's between Bernal Heights and the Excelsior Districts. You know, the neighborhood you never visit, but is totally AWESOME!!! I'll be spinning with the great Tophzilla! He and I used to DJ at the old Anon Salon parties in the 90s. Punk/Funk/Junk from 10-2AM. Come on down and have a pint.

By the way, this Saturday is RECORD STORE DAY!!!! Please make sure you head down to your local record store (yes, they do still exist), and check out all the unique offerings. I'll be over at Aquarius Records, in the Mission. There's no other place I would be.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

California: Joni Mitchell
The Weight: Aretha Franklin
Doo Doo Wap is Strong in Here: Curtis Mayfield

Miles Runs the Voodoo Down: Miles Davis
Galaxy Song: Stephen Hawking
Cortez: Neil Young

The Ideal Husband: Father John Misty
New Disco: Mission of Burma
In A Trance: The Blind Shakes
Sunshine No Shoes: Spacin'

Ice: Moon Duo
Slow Funk: Buddy Rich

Alligator>Drums>Alligator>Caution: Grateful Dead (04/13/69 University of Colorado, Boulder, CO)
Sour Patch Kids: Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Volunteered Slavery: Rahsaan Roland Kirk
Let's Make It: John Lee Hooker and Canned Heat

David Bowie Wants Ideas: Bongwater

No comments: