Monday, August 25, 2014

A Season in Hell #186: Dubbing Man

 

Get Dub-stylie by streaming this show right here.
Download this thick, dripping Dub-stick right here.
Listen to all of my eclectic shows by clicking here, or just scroll down.

International artists, and Dub is on the turntables for tonight. Burning Man is a wash, so listen in and get DUB with it.

On Saturday night Radio Valencia broadcast live from Bottom of the Hill, for the annual Strummerville New Music Foundation benefit. So many great and talented musicians performing the music of Joe Strummer and The Clash. You can hear that show by going here. Most impressive was Eric McFadden's performance of Bankrobber, done in dub style. So when I was considering what to play for you tonight, and staring as I often do at my music collection for hours on end, it hit me like a brick that I should be doing a show of Dub for you.

The last half hour of the show reaches out towards other international sounds. This is a great show to either sit back and get truly deep into, or even to have on in the background while you're moving around the house, or taking a seriously deep bong hit. Either way, I think you'll really enjoy what I've created for you tonight.

Take a look at the playlist, And click the links above to stream or download this fabulous show.

Enjoy.

jh

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook  


Bankrobber Dub: The Clash
Bazooka Blast: Junior Delgado

Upper Cut: The Scientist
23rd Dub: Lee Perry

War: The Mighty Two
War is Over: The Mighty Two
Kings of the Earth: Sizzla
Dub Who I Am: U-Roy

Revolution Total Destruction: The Heptones
Jerusalem Dub Extended: Soul Syndicate

Zombie: Fela Kuti
Chatma: Tinariwen
Facing East: Thievery Corporation

Senegal Market Place: Sly Dunbar
Mulaqat Ho Gaye: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
The Mod Trade: The Black Beats

T For Texas: Toshio Hirano
Main Titles: Daniele Patucchi

No comments: