Monday, April 28, 2014

A Season in Hell #171: Mark Glaser Shifts My Media Mind

It isn't that often that I get a true bona fide new deal style media mogul in the studio with me. So you can imagine my excitement when I was able to welcome in Mark Glaser, executive editor of PBS MediaShift and Idea Lab into the studio to talk all things media and music. Before Mark was with PBS he was an editor and music reviewer for College Music Journal (CMJ). He is credited with helping break the seminal Americana band Uncle Tupelo. He even showed me where they thank him on there No Depression CD. That's one lucky dude right there.

Mark brought some music share and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Just like I enjoyed him coming in tonight. Conversation is fresh, music is funky, and as always Radio Valencia is your place for new sound.

To stream our ideas into your lab, click here.
To download this media masterpiece into your earholes, click here.
To listen to all of my media dominance, click here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Up in Smoke: Cheech and Chong
Flamingo: Tuff Love
432 Dreams: ThinkNoThink

Encrypted Bounce: Thee Oh Sees
Orgasm Addict: The Buzzcocks
Shake Your Hump: The Beastie Boys

No Reason: Death Valley Girls
Radio Ad For Bill Mckay Chevrolet: Exotics
Walk On: Arthur Ahbez

Velouria: The Pixies
Whiskey Bottle: Uncle Tupelo
Radio Ad For Mitchell's Dept. Store: Exotics
One Million To One: The People's Temple

Barn Burning: Dave Alvin
This is Ska: Longsy D
No Scrubs: TLC
We Want Easy: Easy E
Talkin' All That Jazz: Stetsonic

It Takes Moombahton: Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock
Flames of the Dragon: Lee Perry
I'll House You: Jungle Brothers

Merry Motherfucking Christmas: Easy-E

No comments: