Monday, December 02, 2013

A Season in Hell #155: Sure is Pissed!

Ok, so sometimes when I'm staring at my music collection, which is quite large, I have no idea what the hell I'm going to play for you. Seriously. Most of the time, when I'm preparing for my show, I totally know what I'm going to play for you. I have a theme in mind, or it's all new music, or based on a band, etc. There are times when I've finished my show and I can't wait until the following Monday when I can play you some tunes that I didn't get to. Then there are those days when I'm just staring at my walls of music (yes, I said walls) and I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm going to play.

What to do, what to do?

That's when I know it's time to really mix it up. For tonight's show it's all about the many genres and strange goings-on in John Hell's music library. Psych, international, grunge, pop vocals, prog-a-capella, accordions, pissed off preachers, ripped off originals, pissed off black men, legendary music-makers, mash-up copyright infringers, and Iggy Pop.

There you have it. Just take a look at this play list, and I'm sure that you'll agree, 4 out of 5 dentist can't be wrong.

You know you just have to drive this one home today!

Download this deal of a lifetime here.
Stream this into your HI-FI here.
Check out all the weirdness by clicking here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook 

I Get a Kick out of You: Tony Bennett
Swan Lee: Syd Barrett
Truth: Alexander Ebert

Other Stars: Wooden Shjips
Leave It (A Capella): Yes
Iron Man: Giant Sand

Baby's Arms: Kurt Vile
Pray til you Sweat: The Monkeywrench
Red Hair: Bevis Frond

Singto: Lion
Mao (Drunk): Don Sornrabeab
OudTaLud Bump (Hurtle Bump): Soonthorn Sujaridchan
Kard Klan Nam Mun (Lack of Gasoline): Rayrai No Koratch

Devil Went Down to Georgia: Those Darn Accordions!
Now Ah Lissen: Some Preacher...and he sure is pissed
My Biggest Mistake: Joan of Arkansas
When the Levee Breaks: Memphis Minnie

George Bush Doesn't Like Black People: Legendary K.O.
East Bound and Down: Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
You Can't Catch Me: Chuck Berry
Dirt: Iggy Pop

Ca Plane Pour Moi: Thee Headcoatees
What a Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong
My Favorite Things: Negativland

No comments: