Monday, October 14, 2013

A Season in Hell #149: Take A Chance On Me

Excellent show through and through. Each set was a winner. I think you'll really enjoy this one. Get ready to really dance in the second hour.

I think it's shows like this one that really show my range as a DJ. You've got your indie, your punk, funk, international, rap. It's got pretty much everything that your commercial radio dreck would never dare approach.

I wish more people would lobby commercial radio stations and request music like you hear on this show. I do. Make that happen. Let me know how they respond. I can probably guess, but let's take a shot at it anyway.

Enjoy and annoy.

Shove this on in their earhole and stream it here.
Gently swab the exterior and download it here.
Take all of my aural gifts with you by clicking here, or just scroll down.

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Gravity: Minutemen
Public Image: PIL
Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings: Father John Misty

Brazil: Frank Sinatra
I Hear Goodnight: Low/Dirty 3
Sun King: The Beatles
Song to the Siren: This Mortal Coil

No Future, Pt. 2 The Days After No Future: Titus Andronicus
Country Calling: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
Hail the Word of Jah: Congos

Chet Boghassa: Tinariwen
Su Derenin Sulari: Husnu Ozkartal Orkestrasi
Extraordinary Woman: The Psychedelic Aliens
What You Can Do In Your Life: Petalouda

Rockstone Dub: Lee "Scratch" Perry
Walk in the Park: Colloseum

This Little Girl Of Mine: Ray Charles
Moonshine Heather: Parliament
Fire on the Bayou: The Meters
Get on the Good Foot: James Brown

Mona Lisa: Slick Rick
Am I Black Enough For Ya: Schooly D
The Band Gets Swivey on the Wheels: Son of Bazerk

Buck Whylin': Terminator X

No comments: