Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Season in Hell #127: The Y Axes

I love having local bands in the studio, and The Y Axes made my night.

Now here's a young band, with a fresh pop sound, that's making it in the post-record label era. Let's celebrate young, fresh bands! I swear, if I could have hastened the death of the record label sooner I would have.

They have a CD release party at Bottom of the Hill this Wednesday, March 20th, for their EP Moon Rock.

I follow up their visit with some live tracks I've yet to share with you.

Stream this magical experience here.
Download this illusion here.
Tune in to all of my freak shows here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh

Do It: Rollins Band
Come on Over: Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan
Cardboard Houses: HRVD

Winter Bones: The Y Axes

Interview with The Y Axes

Neon Streets: The Y Axes
Loop Machine: The Y Axes
Green to Gold: The Y Axes

I Want to Marry A Lighthouse Keeper: Erika Eigen
Mermaids: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Lady Day and John Coltrane: Gil Scott-Heron

The Move Apart Parcel: Rin Tin Tiger
Mr Slick: Ken Nordine
What Does Your Soul Look Like?: DJ Shadow
Jams Run Free: Sonic Youth

Mojo Man: Jimi Hendrix
Closet Queen: James Gang (July 15, 1971 Oenkerk, Frisa, Holland)
400 Years: Peter Tosh (Pier 84, NYC, NY, July 6, 1983)
Virtual Insanity: Jamiroquai (Tokyo Dome, Japan, November 17, 1999)

Big Chief: The Meters (The Kingfish Lounge Baton Rouge, LA Oct. 1, 1976)
Squeeze Me Macaroni: Mr. Bungle (March 3, 1993 The Omni, Oakland, CA)
Here Comes the Sun: Nina Simone (August 9, 2000 Marciac, France)

Crawlin' King Snake: The Doors (March 18, 1967, Detroit, MI)

1 comment:

devinj said...

If you dig The Y Axes, download the new EP for free at http://theyaxes.bandcamp.com/