Monday, January 21, 2013

A Season in Hell #119: Hellnation

I'm without my computer tonight and to be honest, I'm scared.

Hold me.

So I played all vinyl tonight. And damn, that was fun. I have a lot of music to choose from, so if i don't have my iTunes to keep me warm, the smooth, scratchy sounds emanating from my LPs will keep me toasty indeed.

As always lots of genres to enjoy. Some themes as well, including a set of ROCK that the Melvins have covered, but by the original bands! How amazing is that?  

You just know you want to download this gem. Well here ya go.
How about you stream it on your favorite device? OK then, here.
There's so much John Hell to love. Scroll down, or click here to listen to all of my shows.

Enjoy.

Tour de France: Kratwerk
Ballad of Bilbo Baggins: Leonard Nemoy
The Only Son of the Laidesman: Father John Misty

Summertime: Big Brother and the Holding Company
Baby, Please Don't Go: Muddy Waters
Mona Lisa Please: Leon Russell

There is a Mountain: Joe Jones
Driving South: Jimi Hendrix
Tears Won't Soften Steel: Wizard Rifle

Freedom Day: Max Roach and Abbey Lincoln
Farewell to Ibusa: Afro Funk

Communist Eyes: The Germs
Love Canal: Flipper
Momma's Little Jewel: Mott the Hoople
Hellnation: Dead Kennedy's

I Wanted Everything: The Ramones
God of Thunder: The Melvins

Careful with that Axe, Eugene: Pink Floyd
Whaling Stories: Procol Harum

My Way: Sid Vicious


No comments: