Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Season in Hell #105: John Hell is a Ladies Man

It's that time of year again in San Francisco. The tourists have gone home and our summer is in full swing. Damn, it was hit in SF the past few days. Whew. I'm sweatin' it too. Not that I'm complaining, really. Living in the fog, we don't really get to feel the heat like the rest of the country, so if we get a week or so of 85 degrees, then I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I'll be honest with you, I'll never complain about the fog again, knowing about the triple digits in the rest of the country. Don't be a hater.

Speaking about being hot under the collar, it's election season again. Tonight on my show I hosted Ken Tray, Political Director of United Educators of San Francisco. I've hosted Ken a number of times over the years to talk with him about local and state propositions,  and school board candidates. Head over to their site to see who they're endorsing for the upcoming school board election.

Tonight we spoke about two very important state props, 30 and 32. If you don't know what's up just listen to me: Yes on 30, No on 32. That's all you need to know. Ok, ok, if you really need to know more follow the links to get educated.

Music-wise, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is coming up in SF this weekend. Music breaks during the interview and much of the second hour features artists who will be playing this weekend at the event. I also have some Laurel Canyon sounds in there for good measure.

If you would care to stream this show in the cool comfort of your cubicle (poor things), click here.
If you would care to download this hot offering forever have it by your side, click here.
If you're smart, like I know you are, you'll wish to have access to all of my previous Radio Valencia shows. If so, click here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh

Do It: Rollins Band
Mama Said Knock You Out: LL Cool J

Interview with Ken Tray of UESF

99 Problems: Barack Obama

Interview with Ken Tray of UESF

Milkshake Girl: Giant Sand
Cemetery Savior: Son Volt
May This Be Love: Emmylou Harris

Interview with Ken Tray of UESF

Long White Cadillac: Dave Alvin and the Guilty Men
Carpetbaggers: Jenny Lewis & Elvis Costello
Only Son of the Ladies Man: Father John Misty
Girl, I Love You: The Chris Robinson Brotherhood

Dear Believer: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
I'm Just Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail: The Knitters (04-28-07)
Tonight I Think I"m Going to go Downtown: Jimmy Dale Gilmore
Lift Him Up, That's All: Ralph Stanley
Country Girl: Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Searching For the Ghost: Heartless Bastards
Gringo Honeymoon: Robert Earl Keen
You Were A Bum Dream: Dirty Three

I Can't Go For That: Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers (09-21-12) 

No comments: