Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Season in Hell #99: Pull Your Pants Up

Tonight I could have beaten Usain Bolt. Maybe not his ego though. Then again. I wasn't on last week because I went camping at the great Camp & Sons, and participated in some debauchery, equaled only by those sturdy woodsmen of Bohemian Grove. Let's just say there were some unmentionables left behind. Anyway, I needed a week to recoup. So, here I am bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Most of the music tonight is from my library, so you know it's going to be tasty. And to look at the play list you'll notice that I'm mixing genres quite a bit. Isn't that what free form radio is all about?

Radio Valencia celebrated its 2nd anniversary on August 11th. We're all pretty excited about this. I'm going to be writing a separate piece about this in the next couple of days. Please look for it. In the meantime, Matthew Lasar of Radio Survivor hit me up to write a piece for them. You can check it out here. It talks about where we've been and where we're going. Speaking about where we're going, Radio Valencia is MOVING!!! It's time to stretch out a bit. We found a great space you'll be hearing a lot about in the weeks and months to come. A bigger space means bigger sound too. Yay!

In the meantime, check out the playlist, and click the links too.

You can stream this ridiculous show here.
You can download this karmic wonder here.
You can check out all of my motivational speeches by clicking here, or just scroll down and click away.

As always, enjoy.

jh

Do It: Rollins Band
Somebody I Used To Know: Elliot Smith
Miss You: The Concretes

By The Time I Get To Phoenix: Public Enemy vs. Tijuana Brass
John Wayne Was A Nazi: The Stains
King King: Jimmy Castor Bunch
The Letter: Big Star

Concert Outlook

Butter + Toast: Reggie Watts
Hot Rod Lincoln: Commander Cody
Uglier: Redd Kross

Drink and Complain: Supersuckers
Boogie de la Muerte: Guadalupe Plata
Swingset: Steinski
She Shook Me Cold: David Bowie

N.E.S.T.A.: Antibalas

Sick Again: Led Zeppelin (08-11-79, Knebworth Festival, Stevenage, UK)
Goldfinger: Sex Mob (11-17-11, Teatro Fondamenta Nuove, Venezia, ITALY)

I'm Waiting For My Man: Lou Reed (12-26-72)
Judy is Punk: The Ramones (05-12-76)
No Justice Tonight: The Clash with Mickey Dread (03-08-80)
Hey Good Lookin': The Minutemen (11-30-85)

Trailer Trash: Modest Mouse (07-23-03)
Hate the Police: Mudhoney (04-10-89)

Cosmic Charlie: Grateful Dead (01-17-69)

No comments: