Monday, June 25, 2012

A Season in Hell #93: You Blew It

After last weeks' Rock Fight 8 I really had to have an easy come down with some studio cuts. This week features some absolutely unbelievable new sounds from some great groups you've probably haven't heard of. The second hour features some very young soulful women, an African Queen, the Godfather of Soul, The Psych Kings of the UK, and much, MUCH more!

Also, I was visited by some of my former students tonight. When I teach I don't tell them about my current radio station. I wait until they've graduated before I bring up the more stylized side of me. It was great to hear about their college exploits and connect with them on another level.

They caught a really great show. Indeed, the segues are tight, the grooves are seamless, and the selection is tip top notch.

Enjoy.

Per the usual, you can stream the show here.
Download and keep this memento here.
Check out all of my previous Radio Valencia shows by clicking here, or just scroll down.

This Sunday, July 1st, Radio Valencia will be broadcasting live from in front of Stage Werx for Sunday Streets. This is one of the best community events SF has ever had. They're closing down Valencia Street from 14th to 24th, and 24th all the way down to around Harrison. We'll be broadcasting from 11-4pm that day. We'll have Radio Valencia t-shirts for sale and lots of DJs on hand, including me!

Come by and say hello.

See you on the radio.

Do It: Rollins Band
San Francisco Breakdown: Doctor Ross

Middle Class: Toxin 3
All the Time: Dante Elephante

Ruin: Cat Power
I'll Come Back 4 U: Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Important: Way Yes
Miss Me When I'm Gone: The Mojomatics
Druganaut: Black Mountain
Writing a Novel: Father John Misty

I Don't Want to Pray: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Billy Holiday: Warpaint

Makers: White Fence
There But For The Grace Of God Go I: The Gories

Scotch On The Socks: The Shadows
Don't Make The Good Girls Go Bad: Della Humphrey

Girls can't do what the guys do: Betty Wright
Is It Me You Really Love: Black Velvet
I'm Coming Home: The Almighty Defenders
I Feel Good 1975: James Brown
Wild and Free: Curtis Mayfield

The Pusher: Nina Simone
Feeling High: Witch
Extraordinary Woman: The Psychedelic Alliens
Summer 68: Pink Floyd
God Talk: Leon "Whitey" Thompson
Roll Away the Stone: Leon Russell

It's A Dream: Lil' Ed & The Soundmasters
Rough Rider: The Hygrades

No comments: