Friday, July 11, 2008

New outlet for fun


Since I've been off the air for over a month, I've found a few things to take up my free time. I'm spending way too much time on Facebook. I don't know why really. I also have no idea why the hell anyone would still be on MySpace?!?! What the hell does that site offer anyway? I'm sure Rupert Murdock is wondering the same thing.

Anyway, I spent last Friday through Monday up in Point Arena, celebrating their centennial, with 501 of my newest friends. Great town. It's on highway 1, in Mendecino county.

Lots of pics are available here.

I also shot a ton of pics of the Extra Action Marching Band, who played ceaselessly while they were there. I appreciate the fact that they played to the families during the day, in their PG13ness, and then at night they offered a more "blue" set for us inebriated folks. Too much fun. You can see the pics for EAMB here.

You can also see my vids of the trip on my Vimeo page, here.

Eventually I'll find my way back to the radio. I'm actually displeased that I haven't been on lately. There is so much great new music out there. I picked up the new Melvins, Free Kitten, Mudhoney, Isobel Campbell/Mark Lanegan CDs, and the There Will Be Blood soundtrack within the last few weeks. There is so much great music out there.

I'm also enjoying this great Athens, GA band, Harvey Milk. I wonder if folks in Georgia know who Harvey Milk was? Hmm...

I'm not in the mood to do a podcast though. I just don't find it spontaneous enough. I don't like the idea of hitting the delete button if I don't care for what I just said or played. I don't play like that.

No comments: